- Wash hands with soap carefully and frequently, especially after going to the bathroom, after changing diapers, and before preparing food or beverages.
- Do not prepare food for others while ill with diarrhea.
- Sick children AND adults should stay home until cleared by a doctor to return to school or work.
- Keep children with diarrhea out of childcare settings and common play areas.
- Supervise hand washing of toddlers and small children after they use the toilet.
- Dispose of soiled diapers properly.
- Disinfect diaper-changing areas after using them.
- Avoid swallowing water from ponds, lakes, or untreated pools.